Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford has been nominated for the Premier League Player of the Season award amid his sublime performances this term.
The England international had a difficult 2021/22 campaign with the Red Devils but he has been nothing short of exceptional over the course of the current season.
The 25-year-old has registered a stunning 40 goal contributions from 53 outings. Out of those, 21 have come in the top-flight to boost United’s top-four pursuit.
Rashford has already won three Premier League Player of the Month accolades this term and there are no surprises that he has now made the seven-man shortlist for the Player of the Season award.
Alongside Rashford, the likes of Erling Braut Haaland, Kevin De Bruyne and Martin Odegaard have also made the cut and it remains to be seen who wins the POTS award.
Based on the current campaign, Haaland seems the clear front-runner with 36 top-flight goals to his name but Rashford has a genuine chance with the huge United fan base.
The club graduate recently missed the 2-0 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers with a leg injury but he was back in training in yesterday’s session. He should make the squad this weekend.
United are scheduled to face Bournemouth away from home. A victory over the Cherries would put them on the cusp of securing Champions League football with a top-four league finish.
As things stand, the club require a maximum of six points to finish in the Champions League spots.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns