Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford is delighted to work under new manager Erik ten Hag.
After a horror 2021-22 season, Rashford has rejuvenated himself this campaign.
He has netted six goals this term, one more than in the whole of last season. Rashford has credited Ten Hag for improving the style of football.
He told PA (via The Independent): “The manager’s a joy to work with, really.
“Is it hard work? Yeah, but I think we are enjoying it and we’re playing better football. I feel like when we don’t concede goals, we’ve got a good chance of winning games because we’re creating chances.
“We just need to finish them off, be a bit more clinical in front of goal.
“I feel like I’m getting there. But, yeah, I’m a lot more happy – I’m enjoying myself a lot more.”
Marcus Rashford needs to deliver this season
After a terrible season last time, United’s number 10 was under pressure to get back to his best.
With six goals this term, he is just one short of 100 strikes for the Red Devils.
At the age of 24, scoring 100 goals for United is a huge achievement.
Having said that, he should have scored more goals than he has this season.
With Anthony Martial and Cristiano Ronaldo not in the starting XI for different reasons, the manager has backed Rashford to start in the centre-forward role.
He helps the team to press high up the pitch, something which the manager demands.
With creativity in abundance in the squad, Rashford gets loads of goalscoring chances.
However, his finishing has let him down multiple times.
He has been guilty of missing several chances in front of the goal, which indicates he needs to work on that department.
Rashford had 24 goal contributions in the 2019-20 season. Ten Hag will be hoping that the England international can provide a similar return this time around.
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?
- Man Utd’s transfer priority is clear after fresh Anthony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd handed early Europa League boost with two key Barcelona stars injured
- Erik ten Hag has easy midfield decision vs Leeds United with four players out