Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford delivered an impressive performance during England’s convincing 7-0 win over North Macedonia in Monday’s Euro 2024 qualifier.
The Three Lions were favourites to beat their opponents at Old Trafford last night, and they dominated the proceedings to secure a resounding victory.
Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka was the man of the match with his first-ever senior hat-trick, but United stars also played their part as England picked up a fourth-straight win.
Harry Maguire and Luke Shaw completed the full 90 minutes in the Three Lions defence while Rashford was taken off just before the hour mark by Gareth Southgate.
Rashford was in scintillating form for United last season with 30 goals and 11 assists, and he continued the good run, scoring England’s third goal before the break.
Aside from his strike, the 25-year-old won an impressive four take-ons and four duels against North Macedonia. He had 43 touches, completing 24 out of his 28 passes.
The United graduate was only a second-half substitute against Malta last week. His performance yesterday should ensure that he is in the starting line-up in September.
England’s next Euro 2024 qualifier will be against Ukraine on September 9 before a friendly against neighbours Scotland. They are currently top of Group C with 12 points.
He is set to be rewarded with a huge pay rise after a splendid campaign. The attacker could become United’s highest earner with David de Gea likely to head for the exit door.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions