Manchester United star Marcus Rashford has criticised a popular fan channel for spreading malicious rumours over his future at the club.
The England international has had a difficult start to the campaign and he was recently absent from the matchday squad to face Fulham on the road.
Rashford picked up a leg injury in the lead-up to the west London trip. He travelled with the team but did not pass the late fitness test before the game.
On Monday, The United Stand published a video on their YouTube channel titled ‘Rashford’s future in doubt?‘ with a contributor questioning his commitment.
This did not go well with the 26-year-old who responded on their X (formerly Twitter) account. He posted: ‘Please STOP spreading malicious rumours.’
United need Rashford back in scoring form
Rashford had a sensational 2022/23 season with United, scoring 30 goals and providing 11 assists.
He had struggled to replicate the same level of performances this term. The club graduate has scored on just one occasion while providing three assists.
This has contributed to United’s disappointing start to the current season. Barring Bruno Fernandes, the rest of the attackers have been unconvincing.
Rashford is going through a rough patch, but Rasmus Hojlund and Antony also need to step up. They have yet to score in the top-flight campaign.
Hopefully, United’s forwards will return to scoring ways soon. Rashford in particular needs to recapture his form for the Red Devils from last season.
United face Copenhagen in a crucial Champions League group stage clash on Wednesday night. Rashford could be available to start on the left wing.
The Red Devils have picked up only three points from as many group games. They need a victory in Denmark to boost their round of 16 qualification hopes.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions