Manchester United star Marcus Rashford has matched a Premier League record after receiving the Player of the Month award for the third time this season.
The England international has had a tremendous turnaround to his career under manager Erik ten Hag and he recently netted his 26th goal of the campaign.
14 of those have come in the English top-flight including four in February where United picked up 10 points from four games to boost their top-four bid.
Hence, there were no surprises that Rashford was named the Premier League’s Player of the Month (POTM) for a third time this season after January and September.
In the process, the £49 million-rated star has matched the Premier League record held by Mohamed Salah. The Liverpool ace won three POTM accolades in a single season back in 2017/18.
Red Devils teammate Bruno Fernandes currently holds the record for four POTM awards in a calendar year but the Portuguese won two monthly awards per season (2019/2020 and 2020/21).
Marcus Rashford in the form of his life
Rashford started the season on a bright note but his form since the World Cup has been nothing short of exceptional. He has made goal contributions in almost every game for the Red Devils.
Aside from his 26-goal tally, the United graduate has also chipped in with nine assists. He has achieved the feat while constantly switching between the left wing and centre-forward positions.
The 25-year-old is clearly in the form of his life at the moment. If United go all the way in the Cup competitions, they could effectively play another 22 games before the season ends.
Rashford could easily accumulate 40 goals for the campaign if he can keep up the blistering form. He has already matched Salah’s POTM record and should fancy his chances of winning another award.
Meanwhile, United need to step up contract talks with the England star. His current deal expires in June next year and the hierarchy must commit him to a new long-term deal as soon as possible.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books
- ‘High hopes’: Lionel Scaloni speaks about Alejandro Garnacho’s future with Argentina