Marcus Rashford is set to sign a new Manchester United contract that will allow him to earn more than £300,000 a week, according to Manchester Evening News.
Rashford has 12 months left on his current deal but is expected to commit his long-term future to United.
He had a stunning 2022/23 season, where he became the first United player since Robin Van Persie to hit the 30-goal landmark in a single campaign.
With Erik ten Hag deprived of a quality striker, Rashford stepped up to lift the goalscoring burden.
His outstanding performances helped him earn the prestigious Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award.
Rashford’s new deal will put him among United’s highest earners, if not at the top of the list.
David De Gea is currently the club’s highest-paid player, but that will soon change.
The Spain international has yet to extend his United contract, which will expire by the end of this month.
Even if he stays at Old Trafford, his new contract will be on reduced wages.
Tying Rashford to a long-term deal is good news for Man United. The next step will be to sign a marquee striker in this window to boost their attacking options.
Ten Hag has publicly admitted that he wants a new number nine, as the side cannot always depend on Rashford to score goals.
Harry Kane, Victor Osimhen and Rasmus Hojlund have been linked with a move to the Theatre of Dreams.
However, Financial Fair Play rules and the ongoing takeover saga have slowed United’s transfer plans.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling