Manchester United duo Marcus Rashford and Casemiro have been nominated for the Premier League Player of the Month award for November/December.
The Red Devils had a disappointing start to November with a 3-1 league defeat on the road to Aston Villa but made amends before the World Cup break with a late 2-1 win at Fulham.
Alejandro Garnacho scored a dramatic last-gasp winner for the club. The Red Devils returned to top-flight action after the World Cup last week and have since had a perfect record.
They beat Nottingham Forest by a 3-0 scoreline at home before a 1-0 win at Wolverhampton Wanderers. The club recently made it four league wins in a row after a 3-0 triumph over Bournemouth.
Rashford did not make any goal contribution in November, but he was certainly involved last month with a goal and an assist against Forest before bagging the winning strike at Wolves.
The £48.5 million-rated star has now been rewarded for his efforts with a Premier League Player of the Month nomination. He should fancy his chances of winning the award for the second time this term.
He previously won the individual prize back in September. Meanwhile, Casemiro has got a maiden nomination from the Premier League for his terrific performances in midfield.
The Brazilian had just one goal involvement in November and December. His pick has been based on his strong defensive displays that helped the club to keep three clean sheets.
Casemiro, who is now valued at £44 million by Transfermarkt, has had a superb debut season at United after the switch from Real Madrid. He has looked at home in recent months.
Initially, the 30-year-old was a little bit ragged with his performances and had the knack of losing possession and duels. However, he has grown in confidence as the season has progressed.
Casemiro recently netted United’s first goal against Bournemouth with a perfect volley from a Christian Eriksen free-kick. He is already proving a key figure in the quest for Champions League football.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?
- Man Utd’s transfer priority is clear after fresh Anthony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd handed early Europa League boost with two key Barcelona stars injured
- Erik ten Hag has easy midfield decision vs Leeds United with four players out
- Nottingham Forest eager to sign Dean Henderson permanently next summer