Manchester United duo Marcus Rashford and Casemiro have been named in the Premier League Team of the Season (TOTS).
The Red Devils have had a bright campaign under manager Erik ten Hag this term and Rashford has had a big role to play in the club’s progress.
The England international looked out of sorts last season with only five goals and two assists but he has been completely transformed by Ten Hag.
Rashford has registered 29 goals and 11 assists from 52 appearances. Out of that tally, 21 of those goal contributions have come in the top-flight.
Having won three Player of the Month awards this season, there are no surprises that he has been voted to make the starting lineup for the TOTS.
Meanwhile, Casemiro has been a revelation for United since his switch from Real Madrid last summer.
The Brazilian started off as a regular on the bench due to Scott McTominay’s resurgence but he eventually made his full Premier League debut in October.
Casemiro has not looked back since. He has been unlucky with a couple of sending offs but overall, he has excelled with his defensive contributions.
The 31-year-old has also managed 12 goal involvements with five of those coming in the league.
Hence, the summer signing definitely deserves his selection in the number six position for the TOTS ahead of the likes of Rodri and Joao Palhinha.
In our view, Luke Shaw deserved to make the TOTS too. The Englishman has revived his form under Ten Hag and is unlucky to not get the nod over Oleksandr Zinchenko.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December