Manchester United have announced that Spanish defender Marc Jurado has left the club in a permanent move to Espanyol.
The 19-year-old joined the Red Devils from Barcelona in 2020 but did not get to make an official first-team appearance.
Jurado made the matchday squad for the senior side for the first time against Nottingham Forest in April and was part of the team that featured against Wrexham during the pre-season tour of the United States this summer.
The right-back scored the only goal in the 3-1 defeat to the League Two side but could not force his way into the first team afterwards.
Jurado will be best remembered by Man United fans for his role in helping their under-18s win the FA Youth Cup last season.
He also made 20 appearances for the under-21s in the Premier League 2 last term.
The Spain youth international made 86 appearances for Man United across the Academy’s Professional Development Phase and will now look to impress in the Spanish Segunda Division with Espanyol.
The former La Masia player had a lot of senior defenders ahead of him in the pecking order at Old Trafford, but he has the potential to become a first-team star at the Spanish club and will now look to help them secure promotion back to La Liga.
Matej Kovar, Nathan Bishop, Charlie Savage, Bjorn Hardley, Ethan Laird, Teden Mengi, Ethan Galbraith, Di’Shon Bernard and Zidane Iqbal have also left Man United this summer.
They found it tough to break into the senior side, and a few more departures across the youth and first-team squads could be confirmed in the coming hours.
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns