Sporting Lisbon midfielder Manuel Ugarte is excited by Manchester United’s interest and is keen on a move, reports A Bola.
Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea are also interested in the Uruguay international, but he prefers to join the Red Devils.
The Portuguese club are already looking for replacements as they brace for his departure.
Man United and other suitors have expressed the willingness to activate Ugarte’s €60 million release clause.
The 22-year-old wants to join the Old Trafford club for two major reasons.
Ugarte dreams of playing in the Premier League and the Red Devils are ready to offer him that chance.
The South American is also aware that Erik ten Hag admires him, with the Man United manager seeing him as a player that can help improve his side in the long term.
The Red Devils will also be playing in the Champions League next term, making them more appealing.
Chelsea failed to qualify for Europe after an underwhelming campaign, which is likely to dissuade Ugarte.
Man United are looking to make quality recruitment this summer in a bid to challenge Manchester City next term.
Their bitter rivals have won the Premier League three times in a row and are gunning for an unprecedented record next season.
While a striker is top of Ten Hag’s wishlist, another defensive midfielder will come in handy.
Scott McTominay could be on his way out of Old Trafford this summer, and Ugarte would be an upgrade.
Apart from his top-notch defensive qualities of tackling and ball intercepting, the former Famalicao star is also very creative, with his passing and dribbling impressive.
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns