Manchester United attacker Jesse Lingard has no plans of pursuing a fresh challenge away from the club when the transfer window reopens at the end of the campaign.
The England international has been in a poor run of form since the beginning of 2019 and during this period, he has failed to contribute a goal or an assist in the Premier League.
As a result, he has fallen down the pecking order under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and prior to the coronavirus shutdown, he was excluded from the matchday squad for a number of games.
Despite this, Metro claims that the 27-year-old has no intention of parting ways with the club and he would snub advances from Everton and Arsenal during the next transfer window.
Lingard had his best season under Jose Mourinho during the 2017/2018 campaign, where he contributed 13 goals and seven assist for the Red Devils across all competitions.
He has since failed to replicate the same level of performances in the club’s shirt and under Solskjaer, he has barely made an impact despite consistently playing in the number 10 role.
The arrival of Bruno Fernandes has dropped him down the selection order during the backend of the current season and his prospects of reclaiming a starting spot appear slim, barring a drastic change in fortunes.
Lingard can, of course, slot into either of the wide attacking positions but he faces a similar situation with the likes of Marcus Rashford (when fit), Daniel James and even Juan Mata preferred ahead of him.
Lingard’s current deal expires at the end of next season but United have the option of triggering an extension clause to prolong his stay for another campaign.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations