Manchester United left-back Alex Telles is set to complete a loan move to join Sevilla this week, according to Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano.
Telles joined United from Porto in October 2020, making a switch from the Portuguese giants in a €15 million move.
The Brazilian was initially signed to offer competition for Luke Shaw at left-back but his arrival at Old Trafford coincided with an upturn in the Englishman’s form, meaning Telles had to settle for just nine Premier League appearances in his debut season.
Shaw’s dip in form and susceptibility to injuries last season then saw Telles awarded a more consistent run of appearances in the starting XI.
However, the signing of Tyrell Malacia this summer cast the 29-year-old’s future into doubt and he now looks poised to exit Old Trafford.
Sevilla are the destination for the full-back as he seeks ample playing time to secure a spot in the World Cup for Brazil.
The move to Spain is just a season-long loan deal with no option to buy.
United’s Eric Bailly is also on the radar of the La Liga club and a move could materialise in the coming weeks.
Full-back exodus expected at United
The Red Devils are willing to listen to offers for as many as seven players in the final weeks of the transfer window.
Telles is one of those players and with his future soon to be resolved, some other full-backs could join him on the exit route.
With Diogo Dalot’s resurgence in recent months, Aaron Wan-Bissaka has fallen out of favour at Old Trafford and will be allowed to leave the club three years after his €55m move from Crystal Palace.
Brandon Williams spent the previous season on loan at Norwich City and was a regular for the now-relegated club.
The 21-year-old hoped to stake his claim during the pre-season tour but picked up an injury before the trip and could also leave the club.
Ethan Laird was out on loan last season, playing for Swansea City and Bournemouth in either half of the campaign.
He showed flashes of brilliance in the pre-season friendlies but still looks set to exit Manchester with a loan move to Watford on the cards.
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season
- Tottenham Hotspur will resist Harry Kane sale to Man Utd this summer
- Three midfielders Manchester United could sign from the relegated Premier League clubs this summer