Manchester United youngster Angel Gomes has dropped a strong hint that he could commit his long-term future to the Red Devils while turning down the advances from Chelsea.
The 19-year-old has struggled to command regular playing time under manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this season and he has been restricted to just six appearances for the club across all competitions.
As a result, there has been the suggestion that the teenager may decline to renew his contract beyond the current season particularly with Chelsea said to hold an interest in his services.
However, the academy graduate has now hinted that he could prolong his stay with the Red Devils with the ambition of winning plenty of silverware at the first-team level.
“I’ve seen it over the years, coming up from the Academy and being at United my whole career,” he told. “It’s what I want to go on to do – win trophies for the club.”
At the beginning of the year, there were concerns that both Gomes and Tahith Chong could leave for free at the expiry of their respective contracts during the summer but the latter has since penned an extension.
Similarly to Gomes, Chong has barely featured for the club in the Premier League this term but he has nonetheless renewed his contract with the aim of proving himself at Old Trafford.
It remains to be seen whether Gomes will follow the Dutchman to extend his United deal and thereby end the regular speculation regarding his future at the club.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations