Manchester United Women have been on a high after standout performances put them top of the Women’s Super League.
They have been in the form of their lives with four wins in their last five games, which includes a 6-0 thumping of arch-rivals Liverpool.
With 28 points in 11 matches played this season, the team are in great shape. They have only lost once this season – a 3-1 defeat to Chelsea.
With an average possession of 62 per cent and a goal difference of +25, the Red Devils have an xG of 16.1. The team are currently level on points with Chelsea, who have a goal difference of +23.
The Liverpool game was marked by a brilliant team performance which saw five different scorers and an own goal.
Lucia Garica, Alessia Russo, Hayley Ladd, Martha Thomas and Rachel Williams put their names on the scoresheet. Emma Koivisto scored an own goal.
The next league game is against Everton on February 5, and the team will be keen to maintain their excellent form.
Alessia Russo leads the goalscoring chart for Manchester United Women
Russo, who recently attracted a world-record transfer bid from Arsenal, has been riding on a high. She tops the chart for the Red Devils with five league goals.
She is behind Aston Villa’s Rachel Daly and Manchester City’s Bunny Shaw, who are on nine goals each.
Chelsea stars Sam Kerr and Fran Kirby and Liverpool’s Katie Stengel are next on the list with six goals each.
Russo has a 1.7 xG and 71.2 percent passing accuracy in the league. The 23-year-old is also at the forefront for her team, with 25 shots this season.
With half of the season remaining, Russo and United are expected to reach the peak of their form and aim for the title.
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups