Manchester United will resume discussions to sign Fiorentina ace Sofyan Amrabat on August 15.
According to a report from TuttoMercatoWeb, the 26-year-old defensive midfielder is still firmly on United’s radar in the summer transfer window.
Erik ten Hag desperately needs to sign a top-class defensive midfielder before the end of the transfer window to provide quality competition and cover for Casemiro.
And it seems like the Fiorentina midfielder is definitely wanted by the Dutchman.
Man United will start talks to sign ‘world-class’ star Sofyan Amrabat next week
Man United can sign the hard-working and technically brilliant Amrabat for a bargain €25 million (£21 million) this summer.
And talks between the Red Devils and Fiorentina are allegedly pencilled in for next week.
What a superb signing Amrabat would be for United, and the opportunity to play both him and Casemiro in big away games will be one that Ten Hag will undoubtedly be salivating over.
He has been described as ‘world-class’ by Morocco coach Walid Regragui (Fabrizio Romano).
And he is spot on there. The Moroccan is one of the best in world football at breaking up the opposition’s play through the middle of the park.
The 26-year-old has energy, stamina, dynamism and athleticism in abundance. He also plays with the aggression and tenacity that makes him ideally suited to the physical nature of Premier League football.
He is at the perfect age to make the jump up from Serie A to the Premier League.
For just £2m, Man United cannot go wrong by signing Amrabat from Fiorentina.
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions