Manchester United will consider cashing in on Brazil midfielder Casemiro in the upcoming transfer windows, according to talkSPORT.
Saudi Pro League clubs are eyeing a big-money move for the former Real Madrid star, and Sir Jim Ratcliffe is open to selling the 31-year-old.
The British billionaire is set to become the minority owner of Man United after agreeing to buy 25% of the club from the Glazers.
Ratcliffe wants to oversee a major squad rebuild at the Old Trafford club and will sanction the sale of Casemiro to help fund one.
The Brazilian joined Man United from Madrid for around £60 million last summer, and while he was a key player last term, his influence in the middle of the park has diminished.
Ratcliffe reportedly questioned the Red Devils’ recent transfer policy during his visit to the club in March, citing the acquisition of Casemiro as an example of what he views as questionable recruitment.
The OGC Nice owner will be in control of football operations at Man United after his partial takeover is announced later this month, and it appears that the days of the Brazilian at Old Trafford are numbered.
Ratcliffe will have a huge say on transfers going forward, and manager Erik ten Hag could be forced to sell Casemiro in January or next summer.
Saudi clubs will gladly offer a juicy deal to Man United and the player, and everyone could end up agreeing to do business if the numbers involved are convincing and tempting.
He has featured in 12 games across all competitions for the Red Devils this term and is currently unavailable due to an injury.
Man United lost seven of those games but have won four of the six matches he has missed.
They are doing better without him and cashing in on him is unlikely to hurt as a long-term replacement and an upgrade can always be signed for the right fee.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling