Manchester United will allow Amad Diallo to leave on loan this summer after they finalise the transfer of Antony, according to the Manchester Evening News.
Amad signed for United in the summer of 2020 in a £37 million move from Atalanta but joined the club in January the following year.
He has struggled to break into the first team making just nine competitive appearances for the club.
The 20-year-old was a regular for the Red Devils in pre-season and scored in United’s 1-1 draw against Rayo Vallecano.
However, a loan move could be on the cards for Amad after failing to make the matchday squad in United’s four games to date.
The Old Trafford outfit are finalising a €100m move for Antony and that could see Amad leave the club on loan in the coming days.
There are no shortage of suitors for the youngster, with OGC Nice registering their interest earlier in the summer before signing Nicolas Pepe from Arsenal.
Reports have also linked Besiktas and Anderlecht to a move for the winger while Blackpool and Sunderland are also believed to be interested.
Alvaro Fernandez and Ethan Laird have left Old Trafford to join Championship clubs on loan this summer and Amad could soon follow as he seeks ample playing time away from United.
United’s poor loan management
The Red Devils were particularly poor in monitoring the success of their loan departures last season, with many of their loanees struggling for playing time.
Amad spent the second half of the previous campaign away on loan at Rangers but made just four league starts for the Scottish club.
Laird began the previous campaign on loan at Swansea City and was a regular for the Championship side before making a switch to Bournemouth midway through the campaign. The full-back started just four league games in almost six months for the Cherries.
Facundo Pellistri also fell victim to United’s negligence last season, making just six league starts for Deportivo Alaves last season despite being a regular for the Uruguayan national team.
United have released a handful of players on loan this season and need to do better at monitoring their progress this time around.
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season
- Tottenham Hotspur will resist Harry Kane sale to Man Utd this summer
- Three midfielders Manchester United could sign from the relegated Premier League clubs this summer