Manchester United are weighing up a move for free agent Anwar El Ghazi amid the uncertainty over the futures of Antony and Jadon Sancho, according to the Daily Mail.
The Brazilian forward has been told to stay away from the Old Trafford club until further notice as an investigation over allegations of assault continues.
Sancho has fallen out with the Red Devils manager Erik ten Hag and will reportedly push for an exit in January.
The England international forward may have played his last game for Man United after publicly calling out the Dutchman, and the club are now looking for an immediate replacement.
El Ghazi is a free agent after leaving Eredivisie club PSV Eindhoven by mutual consent last week.
As a result, the 28-year-old could join Man United outside the transfer window.
The former Aston Villa star was seen at Emirates Stadium watching the Red Devils against Arsenal in their last Premier League game before the ongoing international break.
El Ghazi plays predominantly on the right wing and, with Antony and Sancho unavailable for now, Ten Hag could be tempted to do a deal for the two-time Netherlands international.
He bagged nine goals in 33 appearances for PSV before his contract was mutually terminated, and a return to the Premier League could be on the cards.
El Ghazi was with Everton in 2021-22 before leaving for PSV, but it was at Villa Park where he made a name for himself.
He bagged 26 goals and 16 assists in 119 games for the Midlands club, playing a crucial role as they secured Premier League promotion in 2019 and helping them stay up during his next two seasons with them.
El Ghazi will be keen to prove himself again in the Premier League, and Man United could utilise his eye for goal given their struggles away from home in the Premier League this term.
- Preview: Burnley vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Burnley boss Vincent Kompany lauds ‘extremely capable’ Erik ten Hag ahead of Man Utd clash
- Kie Plumley announces he has joined Manchester United
- Erik ten Hag should start Alejandro Garnacho vs Burnley after lively cameo
- Man Utd midfielder Christian Eriksen delivers frustrating display vs Bayern
- Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana owns up to his catastrophic error against Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich 4-3 Manchester United: Player ratings as Andre Onana and Christian Eriksen disappoint massively
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bayern Munich, Pellistri starts
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim reluctant to raise their bids for Manchester United following their poor start to 2023-24
- ‘Would have signed anything’: Brazilian midfielder reveals chat with Sir Alex Ferguson convinced him to join Man Utd