Manchester United are monitoring the situation of Arsenal attacking midfielder Ethan Nwaneri, reports The Athletic.
The 16-year-old became the youngest player in Premier League history when he came on against Brentford last September.
Nwaneri was 15 years and 181 days old at the time and has attracted interest from the Red Devils.
He is yet to resolve his future and Chelsea and Manchester City will challenge Man United for his signature.
The England under-17 attacker is expected to attract more suitors as he is currently impressing at the European Under-17 Championship in Hungary.
Nwaneri bagged the winner for England against Croatia in the group stage last Thursday.
The Arsenal academy graduate made his debut for their under-18s aged 14, and it is clear to see why Man United are keen.
However, they will need to offer better terms and a guarantee of a quicker pathway to first-team football to have a chance.
Nwaneri featured for Arsenal against Slough Town in a pre-season friendly last year and will be hungry for more action.
However, whether Man United can promise him that remains to be seen.
Nwaneri is primarily a number 10, but he can play on both wings and in a box-to-box role.
Man United have plenty of options in attack and would have to initially loan the teenage sensation out if they snap him up.
Nwaneri joined the Arsenal aged nine and has grown through their youth ranks.
He has featured for their under-18s and under-21s this term and may have to play youth football for a few more years before linking up with the big boys.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’