Manchester United will take a break from their league assignments and take on Sheriff Tiraspol in the Europa League on Thursday.
United picked up a narrow 1-0 win over Omonia Nicosia in their last continental outing, with Scott McTominay coming off the bench to score a late winner.
Sheriff were beaten 3-0 by group leaders Real Sociedad in their last game, marking a third straight defeat in the Europa League for the Moldovan club.
The Red Devils can secure advancement with just a point on Thursday but will be targeting a victory as they bid to leapfrog Sociedad at the top of the pile.
When and where will the game take place?
After a trip to London last weekend, United will return to Old Trafford for this one.
The game will be played on Thursday night as one of the final eight games of the round.
United have picked up three straight wins in the continental showpiece since their 1-0 defeat to Sociedad on opening day.
They beat Omonia Nicosia 1-0 in their last game and could easily have scored five but were met by an inspirational performance from Francis Uzoho in the opposition goal.
Erik ten Hag’s men will now be looking to wrap up their qualification charge this week, although they will be without the services of Raphael Varane as the Frenchman picked up an injury at Chelsea last Saturday.
Cristiano Ronaldo could return to the fold after being dropped from the squad for that game.
The visitors picked up a 3-0 win over Omonia in their continental opener but have since lost their way.
They were beaten 3-0 by Sociedad last time out, conceding all three goals after a first-half red card to Armel Zohouri.
Sheriff are goalless in their last three European outings and will be looking to end that streak at Old Trafford on Thursday.
They will be unable to count on the suspended Zohouri, although Iyayi Believe and Moussa Kyabou will return to the squad.
Players to watch – Ronaldo vs Radeljic
After playing four games in 10 days, Ten Hag should rotate his starting XI this week and that could include Ronaldo’s return.
The veteran forward was dropped from the squad to face Chelsea after refusing to come on against Tottenham Hotspur in the previous game. However, he has returned to training and could start this week.
Stjepan Radeljic has been one of Sheriff’s better performers in the Europa League this season and will be looking to battle against one of the best in the game this week.
Ronaldo has struggled to deliver for United this season and will hope to kickstart his campaign with a solid performance on Thursday.
Manchester United vs Sheriff Tiraspol Predicted XI
Manchester United (4-2-3-1): David de Gea; Diogo Dalot, Victor Lindelof, Lisandro Martínez, Tyrell Malacia; Scott McTominay, Fred; Antony, Bruno Fernandes, Jadon Sancho; Cristiano Ronaldo.
Sheriff Tiraspol (3-4-3): Dumitru Celeadnic; Gabi Kiki, Stjepan Radeljic, Heron; Renan Guedes, Cedric Badolo, Mudasiru Salifu, Patrick Kpozo; Rasheed Ibrahim Akanbi, Pernambuco.
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest