Manchester United will return to action this week as they take on Omonia Nicosia in another round of the Europa League group stage.
United have bounced back from the defeat in their continental opener last month and are now pushing for a spot in the next phase of the competition.
Omonia have failed to come alive in the Europa League this season and could soon be exiting the tournament.
The Red Devils picked up an unconvincing 3-2 win in the reverse fixture last week and will be targeting a more solid showing this Thursday.
When and where will the game take place?
United return to Old Trafford after four straight games on the road. The game is set to be played on Thursday night as one of the final eight matches of the round.
After suffering a 6-3 demolition at the hands of Manchester City in their first game after the international break, United returned to winning ways with a 3-2 win over Omonia last week.
Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial both came off the bench to secure the points for Erik ten Hag and the duo also featured in the Red Devils’ 2-1 win over Everton last time out.
However, the Frenchman picked up an injury against the Toffees and is not expected to feature, meaning Cristiano Ronaldo should once again lead the line.
Casemiro has started United’s last two games but may have to settle for a place on the bench with the weekend’s game against Newcastle United in mind.
The Cypriot club kicked off their Europa League campaign with back-to-back defeats but gave the Premier League outfit a run for their money in their game last week.
They took the lead against the run of play and then got on the scoresheet immediately after United’s third goal to ensure a frantic finish to the game.
Defeat this Thursday would end Omonia’s hopes of reaching the Europa League knockout stages and they will be looking to avoid that.
The visitors will be without first-choice goalkeeper Fabiano after the Brazilian picked up an injury in their 1-0 league defeat to AEL Limassol on Monday.
Players to watch – Ronaldo vs Panagi
United will put themselves in a good position to advance with a win on Thursday and are expected to field a strong XI.
Ronaldo has had his struggles this season and looked a frustrated figure in the game in Cyprus last week but will be looking to respond the way only he can on Thursday.
Constantinos Panagi is expected to start between the sticks for the visitors after Fabiano’s injury and will be tasked with keeping the five-time Ballon d’Or winner at bay.
The Portuguese striker scored his 700th club goal last weekend and will be looking to begin the next century of goals on Thursday.
Manchester United vs Omonia Nicosia Predicted XI
Manchester United (4-2-3-1): David de Gea; Diogo Dalot, Victor Lindelof, Lisandro Martínez, Luke Shaw; Scott McTominay, Christian Eriksen; Antony, Bruno Fernandes, Jadon Sancho; Cristiano Ronaldo.
Omonia Nicosia (3-5-2): Constantinos Panagi; Adam Lang, Hector Yuste, Nemanja Miletic; Adam Matthews, Mix Diskerud, Charalambos Charalambous, Brandon Barker, Jan Lecjaks; Bruno, Karim Ansarifard.
- Erik ten Hag says Antony is ‘unlikely’ to be available for FA Cup final vs Man City
- Man Utd in front row to sign Rasmus Hojlund, contacts have intensified with Atalanta
- Man Utd ‘at the head’ of the race to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd could offer Harry Maguire in player-plus-cash deal to sign Mason Mount
- Man Utd could offer Scott McTominay as a makeweight to sign Declan Rice
- Man Utd could make surprise move for Empoli goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario
- Kim Min-jae has his window wide open on Man Utd, will cost €58m
- Manuel Ugarte excited by Manchester United interest amid Chelsea and PSG links
- Victor Osimhen’s agent has received calls from Man Utd but Napoli firm on price tag
- Manchester United in talks to sign Atalanta’s Rasmus Hojlund and Eintracht Frankfurt’s Randal Kolo Muani