Manchester United are set to host reigning Premier League champions Manchester City at Old Trafford in a blockbuster Super Sunday fixture.
Pep Guardiola’s side head into on the back of their 3-1 victory over BSC Young Boys in the Champions League.
Erling Braut Haaland is back scoring goals after his mini-goal drought. The timely return of Rodri and John Stones has made Man City stronger.
The Red Devils defeated FC Copenhagen in their most recent game, courtesy of a goal from Harry Maguire and Andre Onana’s last-gasp penalty save.
In homage to the heated rivalry between two local clubs, we look at the combined XI for this encounter.
We have taken only those players who have been declared fit and are not suspended.
Onana’s crucial penalty stop against Copenhagen could revive his Man Utd career. However, Ederson remains the best man between the sticks in Manchester.
The Brazil international epitomises the definition of a modern goalkeeper. He is an excellent shot-stopper, commands his box well, and is a great distributor of the ball.
Defence: Kyle Walker – Raphael Varane – Ruben Dias – Josko Gvardiol
Walker is the best right-back in the Premier League. Diogo Dalot has improved under Erik ten Hag but is not even close to Walker’s level.
Raphael Varane makes the cut, alongside Ruben Dias in the heart of the defence.
Man United have played five different players at the left-back spot this season due to injury issues. It was a call between Gvardiol and Nathan Ake, and we went with the former.
Midfield: Rodri – Bernardo Silva – Bruno Fernandes
Rodri’s importance was clearly visible when the Citizens lost all three matches during his suspension.
Casemiro has not been up to the mark this season, allowing Rodri to make the team without any fuss.
Portuguese duo Bernardo Silva and Bruno Fernandes occupy the other two midfield spots.
The latter is yet to put in dazzling performances this season, but an injury to Kevin De Bruyne allows him to take the number 10 spot.
Attack: Phil Foden – Erling Braut Haaland – Marcus Rashford
We will be generous and start Rashford on the left wing ahead of new City boy Jeremy Doku.
Rashford has struggled to hit the heights of last season. His displays have improved in the previous couple of weeks, which is a positive sign for United supporters.
Phil Foden is an easy pick on the right wing over Antony, with the Brazilian winger enduring a tough start to the campaign.
Rasmus Hojlund is a great talent and has enormous potential. However, he is nowhere near the level of Haaland, who is the best striker in the world.
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions
- Gareth Southgate to hold talks with Kobbie Mainoo as he is desperate to see him pledge his international future to England
- Three Manchester United changes Erik ten Hag should make for the must-win UCL clash against Galatasaray