After the disappointment at the international stage (some might call it a Newcastle-like tendency to expect too much) we return to Premier League action as United take on Villa at Old Trafford and with Arsenal and Chelsea facing relatively easier opponents (Bolton (away) and Boro (home)), the pressure is on the champions to win this game ahead of their CL quarterfinal away leg against Roma.
Aston Villa have taken something of a stumble, losing two games on the trot. On the other hand, Manchester United have been in title-winning form over the last few games, winning the last 5 and not conceding for 300 minutes. I could quote you more stats (we’ve never lost at home to Villa in the Prem) but the long and short of it is – United are on form and at home, Villa are out of form and away from home, and from only that I would point to a 2-1 or 3-1 win tomorrow evening.
But if only it were that easy!
With the Roma game coming up Fergie is likely to rest a few players (Hargo in particular might get rested in favor of Carrick who got a good week’s rest) and some, like Nani, are doubtful because of injury. The team selection is likely to keep all of us guessing till kickoff tomorrow, but considering that we only have 2 strikers, it is entirely possible that only one of Rooney and Tevez will start.
Here’s how our Premier League run-in looks like:
West Ham (h)
The sad thing is – Villa at home is probably our easiest game at least till May, when we have the pleasure of playing the Hammers at home (banana-skin) and Wigan away (4 goal minimum). Squeaky bum time starts now, hopefully this bunch is ready for it.
Van der Sar / Kuszczak / Foster (who knows?), Brown, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo / Park, Carrick, Anderson, Scholes, Giggs, Tevez / Rooney
Over to you guys.
- ‘He did magnificent’: Erik ten Hag praises Rasmus Hojlund’s impact in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag must start Aaron Wan-Bissaka to stop Man United’s old nemesis Wilfried Zaha
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hojlund returns
- ‘If they are good enough, they are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Manchester United’s route to finishing in the top four
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause