The Frenchman wants to leave the Saudi Pro League club despite joining just six months ago from Real Madrid.
Benzema has been touted around but the Red Devils have refused to even enter into talks with his representatives, citing his huge wages.
Benzema has not ruled out taking a huge pay cut, but it appears Man United are still unwilling to agree to his terms.
The Old Trafford club are paying attention to their wage bill and budget as they need to stay within Financial Fair Play guidelines.
As a result, signing a high earner like Benzema is not realistic despite being able to land him on loan.
They have been dealt a massive injury blow with Anthony Martial set to be out of action for up to ten weeks after undergoing surgery on a groin injury, which leaves Man United with Rasmus Hojlund as their only striker.
They have also been linked with a move for Bayern Munich’s Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting, with talks reportedly going on over a six-month loan deal.
Man United manager Erik ten Hag badly needs attacking reinforcements given the struggles of his squad in front of goal, and there is just a week left in the January transfer window to get a deal done.
It has been a quiet transfer window across clubs in England and Europe this month, but the Red Devils cannot afford to head into the second half of the campaign without strengthening their squad.
- Diogo Dalot impresses for Man Utd in FA Cup win at Nottingham Forest
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy