Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw and Marcus Rashford have been picked in the England squad for the upcoming Euro 2024 qualifiers against Malta and North Macedonia.
The Three Lions have won their opening two games in Group C and are strongly fancied to book their place in next summer’s tournament in Germany.
As is often the case with England manager Gareth Southgate, there are no real surprises in the 25-man squad.
Despite his struggles for United, Maguire is an integral part of the England set-up under Southgate and his inclusion was fully expected.
Shaw has nailed down the left-back spot for the Three Lions and faces little competition with Chelsea’s Ben Chilwell sidelined.
Rashford was also a guaranteed pick after his stellar form this season, although he may not feature in the starting XI after missing the qualifying games in March.
Jadon Sancho has been overlooked again by Southgate, which is no real surprise given his lack of form for United during the current campaign.
England will head into their latest round of matches in a confident mood, having recorded victories over Italy and Ukraine in their opening two group matches.
They are scheduled to visit Malta on June 16 before returning to Old Trafford to host North Macedonia three days later.
Southgate’s side have a three-point lead over Italy at the top of Group C and will fancy their chances of maintaining that advantage in June.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’