Manchester United will have to make an offer in the region of £50 million to sign Brighton & Hove Albion defender Ben White.
The Seagulls are aware that the 23-year old is one of their most important players.
According to the Daily Mail, the south coast club have slapped a hefty price tag of £50 million on the defender to fend off any interest from other clubs.
The youngster earned his first national callup when Gareth Southgate named him in his 33-man provisional squad for Euro 2020.
He made his debut in the warm-up games but failed to be a part of Southgate’s final 26-man squad.
However, the manager announced yesterday that White will replace Trent Alexander-Arnold in the squad after Liverpool right-back suffered an injury in the recent fixture against Austria.
Red Rants view
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is looking for a centre-back in the upcoming transfer window who can partner with Harry Maguire.
Ben White is one of the many defenders who has been linked with a move to Old Trafford.
The England new boy has shown that he has the potential of becoming a robust defender.
He is defensively sound and is also a fine distributor of the ball.
Having said that, he is yet to reach his prime.
Lately, the Red Devils have been guilty of signing players who are either too young or either too old.
A player like Raphael Varane can be the perfect option for Solskjaer.
At the age of 28, the Real Madrid star will bring in his abundance of experience and help the side to challenge for trophies.
Currently, splashing a huge amount like £50 million on Ben White does not make a lot of sense.
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal
- Man Utd could be without five players for Villarreal clash