Napoli chief Aurelio De Laurentiis has told Manchester United and Liverpool to come up with at least £100 million if they want to secure the services of the defender.
The two Premier League heavyweights have been heavily linked with the 29-year-old in recent years, but the Italian club owner’s statement suggests they are not interested in selling.
The Blues’ chief recently talked to Jim White about the talented centre-back, and the popular radio and television presenter later revealed that on talkSPORT.
“There isn’t a window in the last two, three or four that we don’t see big mentions of the Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly,” he said.
“This morning, I spoke to Aurelio De Laurentiis, the Napoli owner, and said what about your player, are there bids in for him?
“He laughed it off saying he’s not for sale. It seems on this occasion Koulibaly is going nowhere.
“He stays and that was as recent as this morning. Anyone going in with anything other than £100million for Koulibaly can forget it.”
“He’s absolutely not for sale unless one of the big clubs in England come up with £100million.”
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are scouring the transfer market to bring in a long term partner for Harry Maguire who arrived at Old Trafford in 2019 from Leicester in a deal worth £80m.
While the Merseyside club are looking for defensive reinforcements after both Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez were sidelined due to long term injuries.
With Dejan Lovren sold in the summer and Joel Matip also picking up several knocks, German boss Jurgen Klopp is having to deal with a lot of defensive problems at the moment.
Koulibaly has been outstanding for the Blues since he arrived at the Stadio San Paolo from Genk in the summer of 2014. He has clocked up 264 appearances in all competitions for the Serie A side so far, smashing 10 goals and creating five assists in the process.
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-3-1-2) vs Arsenal, Ronaldo and Maguire return
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal