Manchester United will wait until July 1 to officially announce the return of Tom Heaton.
The 35-year old goalkeeper is set to join the Red Devils in the upcoming summer transfer window.
A report from Football Insider claims that the deal has already been completed with medical to take place ‘later in June’.
The Aston Villa goalie is reported to have signed a two-year deal with United, with an option for a further year.
He will replace third-choice goalkeeper Sergio Romero who is leaving the club this summer.
David De Gea and Dean Henderson are the front-runners to bag the number 1 jersey.
However, it is highly likely that the player who is asked to play second fiddle may opt to move elsewhere, handing Heaton the back-up role.
The veteran goalkeeper has a wealth of experience of playing in England and United’s younger players will learn plenty from him.
- Marko Arnautovic’s agent speaks out on potential Manchester United switch
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow with Fabian Ruiz set to join PSG
- Man Utd make opening bid for Marko Arnautovic
- Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: Three talking points as Erik ten Hag suffers defeat in Premier League debut
- Player Ratings: Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion
- Harry Maguire insists that players will fight for the badge
- Erik ten Hag identifies Fabian Ruiz as the perfect Frenkie de Jong alternative for Manchester United
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Brighton – Three debutants, Ronaldo starts
- Opinion: Manchester United should forget Frenkie de Jong and sign these two unbelievable players for price of one
- Report: ‘Dazzling’ Benjamin Sesko knows Manchester United want him but PSG blow is last thing Erik ten Hag needs