Manchester United will wait until July 1 to officially announce the return of Tom Heaton.
The 35-year old goalkeeper is set to join the Red Devils in the upcoming summer transfer window.
A report from Football Insider claims that the deal has already been completed with medical to take place ‘later in June’.
The Aston Villa goalie is reported to have signed a two-year deal with United, with an option for a further year.
He will replace third-choice goalkeeper Sergio Romero who is leaving the club this summer.
David De Gea and Dean Henderson are the front-runners to bag the number 1 jersey.
However, it is highly likely that the player who is asked to play second fiddle may opt to move elsewhere, handing Heaton the back-up role.
The veteran goalkeeper has a wealth of experience of playing in England and United’s younger players will learn plenty from him.
- Ralf Rangnick confirms two Man Utd starters vs West Ham United
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona attacker Ousmane Dembele tempted by Man Utd move
- Will Jesse Lingard move to Newcastle or Tottenham this transfer window?
- Man Utd cool down interest in Denis Zakaria
- Man Utd may not approve Ralf Rangnick’s wish to sign Amadou Haidara
- Juventus in direct contact with Man Utd over Anthony Martial loan deal
- Man Utd receive Martial-Dembele swap proposal from Barcelona
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Brentford
- Ralf Rangnick provides injury update on three Man Utd stars