Manchester United could reportedly prioritise the signings of Jadon Sancho and Jack Grealish over Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane during the next transfer window.
Kane, 26, recently refused to rule out the possibility of leaving Spurs and this has spread the speculation that United could make a formal approach for his services.
However, according to Manchester Evening News, the Red Devils may not make a serious attempt to sign the England international, given he could cost way more than £100m.
The same publication adds that Borussia Dortmund ace Jadon Sancho and Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish remain the immediate and attainable targets for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.
Sancho has been regularly associated with a move to Old Trafford since the turn of the year and of late, Fabrizio Romano has suggested that Dortmund will demand around £98m for the attacker.
The Red Devils have lacked the presence of a right-sided winger, who can regularly make goalscoring contributions and Sancho would perfectly fit into the role, should he make the move.
United graduate Mason Greenwood has impressed in the position with the limited opportunities this term but the youngster’s future could lie in the number 9 role, which is his natural position.
Meanwhile, the signing of Grealish would provide Solskjaer with another versatile midfield player.
The 24-year-old has primarily played as a left winger for the Villains this term but he has personally stated that he would prefer to play in the centre of the park during a recent interview.
Compared to the duo, a move for Kane appears less likely, given Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has declined to negotiate any transfer deals with United since Dimitar Berbatov’s transfer in 2008.
Still, a move for the Three Lions captain can’t be entirely ruled out, given Solskjaer would relish the prospect of having Kane leading the line in the prime of his professional career.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations