Manchester United will hold talks with the agents of Facundo Pellistri this month, reports Fabrizio Romano.
The Sky Sports journalist claims the Red Devils and manager Erik ten Hag are very happy with his development.
They want to hand Pellistri a new long-term deal and talks are expected to start soon.
The 21-year-old Uruguayan has featured in eight games across all competitions for Man United this term.
Pellistri joined the Old Trafford club in 2020 and spent the last two seasons on loan with Alaves.
He played 35 games for the La Liga club before returning to Man United this term.
Pellistri has weighed in with just one assist in the final third, but he has been a joy to watch.
He made his senior international debut in January 2022 and played thrice for Uruguay at the 2022 World Cup.
Man United know they have a very talented youngster with loads of potential on their hands.
Given the fierce competition for playing chances at the club, another loan deal could be needed for his development to continue.
Pellistri’s current deal expires in 2025, but Man United know they need to tie him down to a longer deal.
Ten Hag could be keen to wait until the end of the season and after pre-season training before making a decision.
The Red Devils could look to bolster their attack in the transfer window, but one or two players could also leave.
Pellistri would love to break into the Man United attack permanently.
He will fancy his chances after seeing 18-year-old Alejandro Garnacho burst onto the scene.
However, the Uruguayan may need a few more seasons before he can establish himself as a regular for the Red Devils.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations