Manchester United are set to sanction loan exits for Facundo Pellistri and Anthony Elanga next season, according to Manchester Evening News.
Both players have struggled to get regular game time this term with Elanga making just seven starts across all competitions, while Pellistri still awaits his full debut three years on since his move from Penarol in October 2020.
While Pellistri is still highly rated by the United hierarchy and is unlikely to be let go on a permanent basis just yet, Elanga could be sold outrightly after he was put up for sale last summer.
A return to Alaves is once again on the cards for Pellistri with the 21-year-old having previously spent two seasons on loan at the La Liga outfit.
Everton, PSV Eindhoven and Borussia Dortmund could reignite their interest in Elanga, who was wanted by 10 clubs back in January.
The departures of Elanga and Pellistri would give Amad Diallo a much clearer path to the first team off the back of an impressive loan spell with Sunderland, where he has directly contributed to 10 goals in 28 league games.
This has seen him catch the eye of United manager Erik ten Hag, who admitted that he pondered recalling the winger in January but didn’t want to disrupt what has been a productive stint away from Old Trafford.
“We consider everything, but I have a little bit of reservation about [recalling Amad] because I don’t want to stop the process,” Ten Hag said.
“He has made really good progress there, so I’m happy with that.
“Young players need experiences and when we decide for him to come back, he has to be a player who can compete for the starting XI or minimum to come on for a lot of games and make an impact.”
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd goalkeeper Tom Heaton confirms he is out for a few weeks with an ankle injury
- Man Utd could lose Alejandro Garnacho to international duty in late May
- Bruno Fernandes wins Manchester United’s Player of the Month award for March
- Changes made to Owners’ and Directors’ Test could affect Man United takeover