Manchester United have discovered their opponents for their upcoming FA Cup fifth-round tie.
The Red Devils will face Premier League rivals West Ham United, who defeated Derby County 2-0 in the fourth round.
The tie will be played at Old Trafford in the mid-week between the Carabao Cup final on February 26 and United’s Premier League away visit to Liverpool on March 5.
Erik ten Hag’s side have defeated Everton (3-1) and Reading (3-1) previously in this competition, as they aim to win their first FA Cup trophy since 2015/16.
The home tie makes Manchester United favourites to progress
It is for the third consecutive time that the Red Devils have drawn a home fixture in the FA Cup.
Under Ten Hag, United have been strong when playing in their own backyard.
The manager wants to make Old Trafford a fortress again, and he is on the right path.
United have lost just two games across competitions at the Theatre of Dreams – Brighton & Hove Albion (Premier League) and Real Sociedad (Europa League).
The current West Ham team does not pose a significant threat to United’s FA Cup ambitions.
The Hammers have struggled this season, languishing in the 16th spot in the English top flight with 18 points in 20 games.
With another relatively easy cup fixture on the cards, UnUnited’sream of winning silverware this season has received a significant boost.
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups