Manchester United are eyeing up a loan move for Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic, according to The Athletic.
Pulisic joined Chelsea in 2019, arriving from Borussia Dortmund for an estimated £58 million fee. He ended his debut season with an encouraging 11 goals and ten assists in all competitions, including the opener in their FA Cup final defeat to Arsenal.
However, the American has been unable to push on from this, largely due to several fitness issues. He has been unable to nail down a regular spot in the starting XI at Stamford Bridge, often finding himself stuck on the bench.
He is yet to make his first start of the season, playing just 30 minutes in total from the Blues’ first two matches. Reports suggest that he has grown frustrated with his lack of game time under manager Thomas Tuchel, and would like to be playing more often ahead of November’s World Cup in Qatar. With Raheem Sterling arriving this summer, and Anthony Gordon potentially coming in from Everton, he could fall further down the pecking order.
Chelsea are believed to be aware of his discontent, and are willing to listen to loan offers for the winger. Newcastle United, Juventus, and Atletico Madrid have made approaches this summer.
And now, Manchester United are set to join the race for Pulisic. According to The Athletic, they are considering making an offer for the former Borussia Dortmund man.
The Red Devils have had plenty of issues out wide. Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, and Jadon Sancho are the club’s only senior options on the wings – all have been out of form for a while. Meanwhile, the likes of Anthony Elanga, Amad Diallo, Alejandro Garnacho, and Facundo Pellestri are available, but unproven.
However, there are question marks over whether Pulisic would be the right man. Utd are in need of options on the right wing, whereas the 23-year-old has played most of his career as a left-winger.
Elsewhere at Old Trafford, the 20-time English champions have reportedly turned their attention to Real Madrid midfielder Casemiro, having given up on their pursuits of Frenkie de Jong and Adrien Rabiot.
- Erik ten Hag must unleash £68.4m attacking duo against Everton
- Omonia Nicosia 2-3 Manchester United: Three talking points as Marcus Rashford continues his stellar form
- Erik ten Hag reveals his plans for Anthony Martial after injury comeback
- Three Man Utd stars with a big point to prove against Omonia
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Omonia, Ronaldo and Martial start
- Manchester United’s Five Greatest European Performances
- Man Utd include Iqbal and Garnacho in 22-man squad for Omonia clash
- Four Man Utd stars miss training ahead of Omonia Nicosia clash
- Man Utd should sign Goncalo Ramos as Cristiano Ronaldo’s replacement in January
- Europa League Preview: Omonia Nicosia vs Manchester United