Manchester United have tabled a new offer worth €62 million plus €5m in add-ons for Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund, according to Alfredo Pedulla.
Atalanta are demanding €68-70m transfer fee, but United are hoping to reach a compromise with the Italian outfit.
Foot Mercato report that the deal could be finalised for around €65m plus €10m in bonuses.
Erik ten Hag wants the Red Devils to sign a new striker to boost his attacking options.
Harry Kane was United’s ideal centre-forward target, but a hefty price tag of €100m forced them to look at other options.
Rasmus Hojlund could soon be a Man United player
The 20-year-old has already agreed personal terms with United, and he is eager to switch to the Theatre of Dreams.
The two clubs are also moving in the direction of reaching an agreement.
United are reluctant to be drawn into meeting Atalanta’s sky-high transfer valuation of the striker. They firmly held their nerve in the deals for Mason Mount and Andre Onana.
Hojlund possesses incredible potential, but he is still a raw talent. He may take some time to settle in the Premier League.
He bagged ten goals in 34 matches for Atalanta and six goals in as many appearances for Denmark last season.
Ten Hag loves to work with young guns and has the ability to mould them into world-class players.
United’s latest offer is close to Atalanta’s asking price, implying that the transfer chase should be nearing its end.
Anthony Martial is the only recognised striker at Ten Hag’s disposal. The Frenchman saw his game-time curtailed last season as he suffered several injuries.
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions
- Gareth Southgate to hold talks with Kobbie Mainoo as he is desperate to see him pledge his international future to England