Manchester United stars Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot impressed for Portugal as Fernando Santos’ side claimed a 4-0 win over Czech Republic in the Nations League.
The visitors dominated at the Sinobo Stadium on Saturday, with the victory moving them two points clear at the top of Group A2.
They must avoid defeat against Spain on Tuesday to qualify for next summer’s finals.
Dalot broke the deadlock just after the half-hour mark before Fernandes added another from Mario Rui’s low cross.
The young right-back registered his second goal just after the break before Diogo Jota completed the rout with a late strike.
Manchester United stars were impressive
Dalot’s numbers in the game were incredible. He bagged a brace but was also very solid defensively.
The 23-year-old won all his tackles and completed his dribbles. He had 78 touches, made 49 passes and won two of his three ground duels.
Fernandes was also excellent in Saturday’s clash. The attacking midfielder struck a goal and contributed an assist.
He also created the most chances (five) and made a tackle, an interception and two head clearances in the game.
However, Cristiano Ronaldo didn’t enjoy a good game. The 37-year-old was left bloodied after a horrific collision with Tomas Vaclik during the second half of the match.
However, he finished the game after receiving lengthy treatment.
Ronaldo contributed a late assist, but he also gave away a penalty that Patrik Schick missed. He received several passes in dangerous positions but fluffed his lines.
- Chelsea attacker Christian Pulisic is destined for Man Utd move
- Liverpool join Man Utd in race to sign Cody Gakpo in January
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner
- Gary Neville says Marcus Rashford should be a guaranteed starter for England vs Senegal
- Man Utd handed blow with Benfica set to hand new contract to Goncalo Ramos
- Cristiano Ronaldo closing in on January move to Al Nassr