Manchester United stars Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot impressed for Portugal as Fernando Santos’ side claimed a 4-0 win over Czech Republic in the Nations League.
The visitors dominated at the Sinobo Stadium on Saturday, with the victory moving them two points clear at the top of Group A2.
They must avoid defeat against Spain on Tuesday to qualify for next summer’s finals.
Dalot broke the deadlock just after the half-hour mark before Fernandes added another from Mario Rui’s low cross.
The young right-back registered his second goal just after the break before Diogo Jota completed the rout with a late strike.
Manchester United stars were impressive
Dalot’s numbers in the game were incredible. He bagged a brace but was also very solid defensively.
The 23-year-old won all his tackles and completed his dribbles. He had 78 touches, made 49 passes and won two of his three ground duels.
Fernandes was also excellent in Saturday’s clash. The attacking midfielder struck a goal and contributed an assist.
He also created the most chances (five) and made a tackle, an interception and two head clearances in the game.
However, Cristiano Ronaldo didn’t enjoy a good game. The 37-year-old was left bloodied after a horrific collision with Tomas Vaclik during the second half of the match.
However, he finished the game after receiving lengthy treatment.
Ronaldo contributed a late assist, but he also gave away a penalty that Patrik Schick missed. He received several passes in dangerous positions but fluffed his lines.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony