Some Manchester United stars are startled by the calibre of the signings manager Erik ten Hag has made at the Old Trafford club, according to Manchester Evening News.
One of them is said to be particularly perplexed by the addition of Denmark international striker Rasmus Hojlund to the squad.
The 20-year-old cost Man United £72 million, and while he has bagged five goals in five Champions League games, he is yet to open his goalscoring account in the Premier League, with no goals and assists in 10 appearances.
Antony and Mason Mount are among the other signings who have been questioned by United players.
Man United snapped up the Brazilian attacker in a £85m deal from Ajax in 2022 and he is yet to score or assist in 14 games across all competitions this term.
Mount moved to the Theatre of Dreams from Chelsea in the summer in a deal worth up to £60m.
He has assisted once in 12 games for Man United and has largely struggled to impress.
They also questioned the loan signing of Wout Weghorst, who managed two goals in 31 appearances, and Ten Hag is reportedly losing the confidence of players and some staff members.
The aforementioned trio cost the club £217m and soon-to-be minority owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe has plenty of work to do when he arrives.
Man United have lost ten games across all competitions this term and have already been dumped out of the Carabao Cup.
They could be without European football after Christmas and are not expected to challenge for a top-four finish in the Premier League this term.
Ten Hag has made some woeful signings since his arrival, and those decisions could cost him his job in the coming weeks if the results do not improve significantly anytime soon.
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow