Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has been heavily linked with an exit from Old Trafford this summer.
The 28-year-old has only a year remaining on his current contract, which means United face the risk of losing him on a free transfer next summer.
He has refused to sign a new deal, leading to speculation about his future at the club.
However, according to The Sun, United’s top players are trying to convince the World Cup winner to extend his stay in Manchester.
Marcus Rashford is said to be one of the stars urging the France international to pen a new deal at Old Trafford.
It is also reported Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are hopeful that Raphael Varane’s arrival from Real Madrid could convince him to stay.
The Premier League outfit confirmed on Tuesday that they have struck an agreement with Los Blancos for the experienced centre-back who is now scheduled to undergo a medical with the club.
Pogba is an immensely talented midfielder who boasts plenty of experience playing at the top level of football.
His personality and attitude may not please some fans, but there is no doubt that he brings plenty of quality to the team.
The fact that United’s top stars are trying to persuade him to stay speaks volumes about his value to the club.
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-3-1-2) vs Arsenal, Ronaldo and Maguire return
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal