Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay has said that he is ‘feeling good’ and hopes to return to the playing field as soon as possible.
The Scotland international sustained a knee ligament injury during the Boxing Day clash against Newcastle United and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has since confirmed that he could be sidelined for around two months.
McTominay is not expected to travel with the Red Devils for the warm weather training camp in Marbella due to the rehabilitation process and speaking to Sky Sports, he has provided an update on his recovery.
While the midfielder is unlikely to return to the playing field during the current month, he remains positive of overcoming his knee concern after which he would be slowly integrated into training.
“I am feeling good, hopefully do my best to be back on the pitch as soon as I possibly can. Obviously the gym work is tough, the running outside is tough. You just have to do your best and obviously make sure your injury is right. Hopefully I will be back as soon as possibly can,” he told.
In the absence of McTominay, Nemanja Matic has got a regular run in the centre of the park alongside Fred and the Serbian has been impressive with his distribution and recently bagged the winning goal at Manchester City.
Still, the experienced midfielder does not provide the same mobility on the playing field when compared to McTominay or Paul Pogba, who is likewise on the sidelines recovering following an ankle surgery.
Manchester United are scheduled to face Chelsea in the Premier League on the road on February 17. A victory at Stamford Bridge would bring them within three points off the Champions League places.
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow