Manchester United staff have expressed concerns about the growing involvement of Erik ten Hag’s agent Kees Vos in the recent transfer activities at the Old Trafford club, according to the Daily Mail.
The agency, Sports Entertainment Group, is now heavily involved in negotiating player signings, sales and provision of informal advice on the transfer market for the Red Devils.
Rasmus Hojlund joined SEG before he moved to Man United from Atalanta in the summer, while the agency also acted for the club during the negotiations over the loan signing of Morocco international midfielder Sofyan Amrabat from Fiorentina.
Zidane Iqbal also joined them some weeks before the Red Devils sold him to Utrecht, and the growing influence of Vos’ firm has left other agents unhappy as they reckon it would make them lose out on potential deals due to his strong relationship with Ten Hag.
The Dutch agent has been a regular at Old Trafford since last season, and while the staff are concerned, their senior leadership are comfortable with the development.
The strong working relationship between SEG and Man United comes with its advantages in the transfer market, but whether it would affect their chances of signing players not represented by the agency remains to be seen.
SEG were involved in more than 300 transfers this summer and are 600 athletes strong, with Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola also represented by them.
Their influence at Man United is expected to continue growing as long as Ten Hag remains in the dugout, but the former Ajax manager could soon find himself under pressure if the upcoming results are not positive following three defeats in their last four games.
Fans were displeased with the performance on Saturday as the Red Devils lost 3-1 to Brighton & Hove Albion at Old Trafford, booing the Dutchman afterwards.
A defeat at the hands of Bayern Munich in their first Champions League game of the season on Wednesday will set the alarm bells ringing, and Ten Hag will hope his men can impress at the Allianz Arena.
- 3 goals in last 4 meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return