Manchester United have reportedly put a £20m price-tag on Chris Smalling as Roma continue to be linked with a move for the defender after his successful loan spell.
The 30-year-old established himself as a fundamental figure at the back for the Serie A giants this season. The Englishman is interesting in joining Roma after becoming a fan favourite at the Italian club.
As reported by The Sun, the one thing that hasn’t changed in this transfer negotiation is United and Roma’s valuation of the player with Roma hoping to pay no more than £15 million for the English defender. Obviously, United want more than that.
The report also suggests that Chris Smalling would take a sizeable wage cut on his £130k a week contract at Man United.
As things stand, Smalling would be a Man United player at the start of next season, but it’s hard to see things staying that way.
- Man Utd have excellent chance to sign West Ham star Declan Rice next summer
- Why Man Utd star should replace Spurs defender in Argentina starting XI
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ready for return after re-watching his 168 games in charge of Man Utd
- Chelsea attacker Christian Pulisic is destined for Man Utd move
- Liverpool join Man Utd in race to sign Cody Gakpo in January
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner