Manchester United signing Malo Gusto and selling Aaron Wan-Bissaka in January would be sensational business for the club.
Erik ten Hag wants to bring the 19-year-old Lyon ace to Old Trafford in the January transfer window for around £26 million, according to a report from Media Foot.
And at the same time, the United manager is prepared to move on the 25-year-old right-back for around the same kind of fee (Manchester Evening News). Wan-Bissaka has been extensively linked with the likes of West Ham United and Crystal Palace this winter.
Diogo Dalot is clearly the number one right-back at Old Trafford, but Ten Hag is obviously keen to provide more stiff competition for the Portuguese ace.
Manchester United signing Gusto and selling Wan-Bissaka would be superb
Gusto coming in and Wan-Bissaka going out would be exceptional January transfer window business for Man United.
Gusto is in an entirely different league to Wan-Bissaka, especially going forward. In 14 Ligue 1 games for Lyon his season, the 19-year-old has averaged 2.5 tackles, 1.5 interceptions and 0.9 clearances per game.
The French youngster is absolutely rapid, has truly brilliant technical ability and is a really tenacious competitor. He is far superior to Wan-Bissaka with the ball at his feet, although it could be argued that the Man United right-back is the better defender.
The modern-day full-back is expected to contribute both defensively and in the final third. Unfortunately for Wan-Bissaka, he just doesn’t do enough going forward.
Malo Gusto has the kind of ability needed to really take United to another level entirely. At just 19 as well, the Frenchman isn’t anywhere near reaching his full potential yet, and he won’t for quite some time.
The good thing is that he seems to have all of the physical attributes needed to succeed in the Premier League, despite his tender years.
£26m for the Lyon ace sounds like incredible business for the Red Devils. And selling Wan-Bissaka for a similar fee would make it a great piece of January transfer business from Ten Hag.
Stats via WhoScored.
- Man Utd really like Juventus star Gleison Bremer, will cost at least €70m
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe finally completes purchase of minority stake in Manchester United
- Man Utd star Casemiro open to Saudi Arabia move, interest remains valid
- Man Utd pressing to sign Gleison Bremer, strongly targeting summer deal
- Chelsea beat Manchester United to the signing of Sam Jewell
- Man United spending power to be limited this summer amid PSR concerns
- Wan-Bissaka out for two to four weeks with fresh injury but Mount close to availability
- Manchester United could rival Liverpool for Crystal Palace centre-back Marc Guehi if Dan Ashworth can be appointed in time
- Manchester United table offer for Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe
- Manchester United won’t pay £20m for Newcastle director Dan Ashworth