Reports are just coming in and looks like Manchester United have signed Carlos Tevez.
Happiness, overflows as I write this, but how certain are we about this deal? Read on.
This is what the Times says in the report:
Manchester United last night appeared to have won the race to sign Carlos TÃ©vez. The West Ham United forward, who is playing in the Copa America in Venezuela, has told his Argentina teammates that a deal has been agreed for him to play at Old Trafford next season […] It is likely that TÃ©vez will move to United initially on a 12-month loan deal, with a fee of about Â£4 million payable to Kia Joorabchian, the businessman who owns the economic rights to the player, and wages in excess of Â£3 million. Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, would also want the option of making the move permanent at the end of next season.
Note the phrasing, Manchester United ‘appeared to have signed’, Tevez ‘has told his Argentina teammates’ and such like. It is speculative. But it is brilliant news if it is in fact true. Since it is the Times, I assume they have reasonable amount of credibility. Although we have to give this thing sometime before we know for sure.
Of course if this is true, expect to have a carnival of some sort, here, at Red Rants. Regular visitors would know how much we love the guy.
So we wait here, breathless and fingers crossed.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony