Manchester United are looking to strengthen their attacking ranks but can only sign players on loan this month due to Financial Fair Play constraints.
Rasmus Hojlund is yet to hit the ground running despite his recent form, and a chance to sign Paris Saint-Germain striker Goncalo Ramos has presented itself for the Red Devils after they missed out on him in the summer.
According to French outlet L’Équipe, PSG could be tempted to sell the Portugal international this month, should a reasonable offer be lodged in the next nine days as he has fallen out of favour under manager Luis Enrique.
Man United will not be able to splash the cash on the £69 million hitman right now, but offering a loan deal with an option to make the move permanent could tempt the Ligue 1 club into doing business with the Red Devils.
The 22-year-old has managed to grab just four goals in 14 games across all competitions this term, which is largely due to his lack of regular playing time.
Ramos bagged 19 league goals in his last season at Benfica, and he came into the limelight after scoring a hat-trick at the 2022 World Cup after replacing Cristiano Ronaldo in the line-up against Switzerland.
Man United could do with such a player within their ranks, and a loan move will give them a chance to make a final decision at the end of the season.
Ramos is desperate to prove his detractors wrong having fallen out of favour at PSG, and the Red Devils will be getting a hungry and motivated player should a move to the Theatre of Dreams work out.
He is a real aerial threat and a solid finisher, and Man United need a forward with those two qualities in their attack.
Manager Erik ten Hag has already sidelined Anthony Martial due to his lack of fitness.
With Antony and Marcus Rashford also struggling, bringing Ramos to provide much-needed competition and cover could help turn their underwhelming campaign around.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract
- Manchester United: Sao Paulo make stance clear on Casemiro transfer
- Mason Greenwood harbours no great desire to play for Manchester United again
- Man Utd join Arsenal in race to sign Besiktas wonderkid Semih Kilicsoy
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Kambwala starts
- ‘He’s unstoppable’: Erik ten Hag defends Man Utd winger Antony