Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer has already demanded the squad is strengthened in the summer transfer window if the club wants to catch Manchester City.
One of the players touted to make a big move in the upcoming window is Jack Grealish.
In the past year, Grealish has been linked with a move to Old Trafford but will this move be beneficial to both parties? We don’t think so.
The 25-year old loves to operate either from the left side or from the middle.
He has scored all six of his Premier League goals this season while starting from the left flank.
Being a right-footer, he prefers to start from the left-wing position and then cuts inside to create space for the left-back to overlap.
He switches inside and tries to create goal-scoring opportunities. This is very similar to what Marcus Rashford loves to do for the Red Devils.
If Grealish comes to the Theatre of Dreams, he would find it very hard to start every game.
Bruno Fernandes holds the number ten position and is absolutely essential to the team.
Solskjaer has Rashford and Anthony Martial to choose from on the left wing.
Since the turn of the year, Paul Pogba has been utilised from the same wide position so that he can contribute more to the attack.
In this case, it does not make sense for the Red Devils to pursue Grealish.
Even if the England international decides to leave Aston Villa this summer, the club will demand a sizeable transfer fee.
United would be much better off spending their funds on signing players for other positions.
They need a powerful and fast centre-back to partner Harry Maguire in defence.
They also want a natural well-established right-winger who can create chances.
Grealish is undeniably a world-class player who will benefit any team he joins.
However, United would be wiser to look for players who can boost the first team and help the club mount a serious league title challenge next season.
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-3-1-2) vs Arsenal, Ronaldo and Maguire return
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal