Manchester United’s share value has dropped by more than £600 million following reports the Glazers have taken the club off the market.
Sky Sports reported that United’s share price closed at $23.66 on Friday and dramatically fell as low as $18.83 on Monday – an 18 percent drop in value.
This is the biggest daily percentage drop in the club’s value since being listed in 2012, with the previous record a 13.8 percent drop in March 2020.
The nightmare day for the Red Devils came after reports the Glazer family are planning to take the club off the market.
After failing to get close to their asking price, the American owners have shelved their plans to sell and are eyeing a sale in 2025.
Glazers were never interested in selling Man United
The American owners let it known that they were open to a partial or full sale of the club last year.
Sheikh Jassim of Qatar and Sir Jim Ratcliffe came forward as the only two serious bidders.
But after multiple rounds of offers, the two parties were left frustrated by the Glazers.
It looks like they were never interested in selling in the first place.
Sheikh Jassim was ready to part with £5bn for a complete takeover, but that wasn’t enough for the Glazer family.
They are now demanding £10bn, which is completely unrealistic.
It appears they were never interested in selling but went through the entire process as a ploy to push the price up.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action