Manchester United are ready to offer an enormous contract to Paul Pogba to convince him to extend his deal with the Red Devils.
The Frenchman’s current deal expires in 2022 and the club risk losing him on a free transfer next summer.
According to The Sun, his current weekly income of £290,000 will be massively increased to £400,000 if he signs the new contract.
These staggering wages will make Pogba the Premier League’s highest-paid player, leaving behind Kevin De Bruyne who is on £385,000-per-week at Manchester City.
David De Gea is currently United’s top earner £375,000-per-week.
Red Rants View
The 28-year old had a fine season with United, scoring and assisting six times each.
However, his best performances came when he started on the flanks and not in central midfield.
Solskjaer’s 4-2-3-1 formation requires him to do plenty of defensive work when playing in a double pivot.
With the passing range and creative vision he possesses, it is important to allow him to attack freely.
The former Juventus player looks a completely different player when playing for France as he has more support around him.
The Red Devils are closing in on the signing of Jadon Sancho.
If the England international arrives at Old Trafford, Pogba will find it hard to start on either wing position.
If the club are ready to offer astronomical wages to the Frenchman, Solskjaer has to find a system through which will get the best out of Pogba.
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal
- Man Utd could be without five players for Villarreal clash