Manchester United should be going all out to sign Jonathan David from Lille, rather than agreeing to Atletico Madrid’s demands for Joao Felix.
Man United boss Erik ten Hag has been heavily linked with a move to sign the 22-year-old forward by the likes of the Daily Mail.
The Red Devils boss has also been linked with a big money £106 million move for Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix, most recently by AS (print edition December 26, page 4).
David is available for a lot less money than Felix. Lille could sell him for around £45m, according to Florian Plettenberg.
In addition to that, the Canada International has openly admitted that the next step for him in his career is a move to the Premier League (La Voix Du Nord).
Manchester United should be going all out for Jonathan David
Ten Hag bringing David to Old Trafford rather than Felix is an absolute no-brainer.
For less than half the price of Felix, United could sign the Canadian forward. This really shouldn’t be a debate. The Lille attacker is just as talented as the Portugal international.
What an unbelievable signing he would be for whichever club wins the race for his signature. David is a sensational young talent.
He possesses electric pace and is a real live-wire. The Lille ace is also a good finisher. He has already scored 22 goals in 37 games for his country and has bagged 28 goals for Lille since the start of the 2021/22 season.
The Canadian would be an incredible addition for United. His pace, finishing and movement would add so much to Ten Hag’s attacking ranks.
£45m sounds like an awful lot of money for someone who is so young and, as yet, unproven in the Premier League. His talent and potential is undeniable.
The fee will end up looking like a real bargain in years to come.
David would be the ideal man to lead the United attack. Flanked by the likes of Marcus Rashford, Antony, Anthony Elanga and Alejandro Garnacho, Ten Hag would have a truly devastating attacking line-up at his disposal.
£45m is peanuts for the Red Devils in the grand scheme of things, and the United boss should make this transfer happen as a matter of urgency in January.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
Read also: Man United want to sign sensational centre-back for absolutely nothing.
- Man Utd planning fresh move for Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix
- Man Utd plan to track Andre Onana and Goncalo Ramos in upcoming Champions League tie
- Erik ten Hag provides a fresh injury update on Christian Eriksen
- Three emerging French midfielders Man Utd could sign this summer
- Manchester United to play nine games in ‘crazy’ April schedule
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract