Manchester United have reportedly revived their interest in talented right-back Max Aarons who is currently on the books of Norwich City.
The 20-year-old is regarded as one of the best prospects in the Championship, with his performances catching the attention of some of the biggest clubs in Europe.
According to the latest report from The Sun, United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to bring the right-back, who can also operate as a left-back, to Old Trafford.
However, it has been reported that the Canaries are currently not in any financial need to sell as the summer transfers of Ben Godfrey and Jamal Lewis have earned them over £40 million.
The report further adds that La Liga giants Barcelona were keen to sign him on loan in the summer, but Norwich wanted a permanent contract and that’s why a deal couldn’t be reached.
The Red Devils were reportedly interested in the English footballer in the summer of 2019 but Aaron Wan-Bissaka was their top priority and so they landed him from Crystal Palace for £50 million transfer fee.
However, the Manchester side have now revived their interest in Max as Solskjaer is keen on a player with more of an attacking threat.
Aarons has earned 22 appearances in the Championship this season, scoring a goal and providing three assists.
Since making his debut for the Canaries in August 2018, the 20-year-old has made 105 appearances in all competitions, with four goals and 11 assists to his name.
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin