Manchester United have released eight players including Argentine goalkeeper Sergio Romero at the end of the 2020/21 season.
The veteran shot-stopper was signed in 2015 when Louis van Gaal was in charge of the team.
Since then, he has been a robust back-up to David De Gea, making 61 appearances, keeping 39 clean sheets and conceding 27 goals.
Dean Henderson’s return from Sheffield United pushed him down the pecking order.
He didn’t play at all last season and is now free to pursue new opportunities elsewhere.
Joel Pereira is the other first-team squad member who has been released.
The club has also revealed that Juan Mata and Lee Grant are in discussions over new contracts at United.
The Red Devils have also offered a contract extension to 22-year-old goalkeeper Paul Woolston.
The six other players who have been released are Jacob Carney, Mark Helm, Iestyn Hughes, Arnau Puigmal, Max Taylor and Aliou Traore.
- Crystal Palace in direct talks with Man Utd for Donny van de Beek
- Roma join AC Milan in race to sign Eric Bailly
- Man Utd agree to loan Anthony Martial to Sevilla
- Man Utd favourites to sign Boubacar Kamara
- AC Milan still interested in Man Utd defender Eric Bailly
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Porto winger Luis Diaz
- Man Utd shortlist four candidates to become their next manager
- Juventus and Sevilla exploring Anthony Martial loan deal
- Anthony Martial plays key role in Man Utd’s late win vs West Ham
- Ralf Rangnick reacts to Marcus Rashford’s dramatic winner against West Ham