Manchester United are reportedly ‘relaxed’ about the long-standing interest of their arch-rivals Manchester City in teenager Kobbie Mainoo.
According to Manchester Evening News, Man City’s admiration of Mainoo is nothing new, as they previously have attempted to lure him away.
However, the 18-year-old has opted to remain with the Red Devils.
The midfielder had United fans and Erik ten Hag raving in the pre-season tour to the USA.
He has not played for the first team this term due to an ankle injury he suffered in United’s 2-0 pre-season defeat against Real Madrid in Houston.
Kobbie Mainoo could play a part against Fulham tomorrow
Mainoo has been included in the Man United squad that has travelled to London for tomorrow’s Premier League clash with Fulham.
Casemiro has been ruled out for ‘several weeks‘ due to a hamstring injury.
Sofyan Amrabat is expected to take the defensive midfielder role despite failing to impress since his switch to Old Trafford this summer.
We believe this is an excellent opportunity for Mainoo to shine. Ten Hag should try to give a run of games to the teenager to show his worth.
He is one of the finest players in recent seasons to come out of United’s academy.
Mainoo has great potential and could turn out to be a star for the Red Devils if he is looked after carefully.
It is unlikely that United would entertain a bid from any club for the starlet.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling